FT Partners Quarterly FinTech Insights and Annual Almanac
FT Partners is the only data source for comprehensive, global FinTech deal activity covering M&A, Financing and IPO statistics and trends
FT Partners’ FinTech Insights Reports are published on a quarterly basis, along with a comprehensive year-end Almanac. All information included in the reports is sourced from FT Partners’ Proprietary Transaction Database, which is compiled by the FT Partners Research Team through primary research and data analysis. The reports feature M&A, financing and IPO statistics and trends as well as breakdowns by FinTech vertical, geography, investor-type and much more.
View our Payments, InsurTech and Crypto & Capital Markets Tech quarterly reports.
Be sure to check back for quarterly updates and additions. All recent reports can be viewed or downloaded for free below.
2022 FinTech Almanac
- 2022 and historical FinTech financing and M&A volume and deal count statistics
- Largest FinTech financings and M&A transactions in 2022
- Most active FinTech investors including strategic investor participation
- Breakdowns by geography and deal type
- FinTech sector and sub-sector highlights
- Updated "History of FinTech"
- Private FinTech company funding volume fell 38% in 2022 to $88.1 billion. While 2021 reached unprecedented levels of funding activity ($141.0 billion in volume) the 2022 total is still 95% higher than the volumes recorded in 2020, 2019 and all prior years as well.
- Driving the lower overall funding volume, 53% of financing rounds were less than $10 million dollars compared with 46% in 2021.
- Emerging markets FinTech activity continued to thrive in 2022 with Africa and Asia both reaching a record number of funding rounds during the year, led by activity in Nigeria, India and Singapore.
- The Banking / Lending Tech sector was the most active in 2022 with $24 billion in financing volume across 1,010 capital raises, beating out the Crypto & Blockchain sector which recorded $17.5 billion and 877 deals.
- FinTech M&A totaled $129.6 billion in volume, the lowest level since 2017. With a total of 1,270 M&A deals though, 2022 was the second most active year ever only behind 2021, which had 1,485 deals.
View Prior Reports