FT Partners Equity Research
Building on 20+ years of dedicated coverage of the FinTech ecosystem, FT Partners’ Equity Research platform extends the breadth and depth of our global advisory offerings, strengthening the Firm’s positioning as the leading expert in both the public and private FinTech space.
FT Partners Equity Research focuses on key FinTech companies driving the next decade of FinTech innovation. FinTech subsectors represented in our initial coverage of more than two dozen public companies include Payments, eCommerce Platforms, Challenger Banks, Financial Management Solutions, Alternative Lending, Remittances, InsurTech, and Capital Markets Tech. Over the long-term, FT Partners intends to expand its Equity Research coverage further into all key FinTech sub-sectors and geographies.
Sign up to receive:
- Proprietary Company Profiles
- In-depth sub-sector reports
- Deep-dive company-specific reports
- Notes covering earnings from preview through review
- Real-time analysis of impactful news or events
- Weekly publications
- FT Partners’ world-renowned private company and sector research
VIP Video Conferences
On April 18th, 2023, FT Partners hosted a panel discussion with Mary Kay Bowman and Tom Noyes.
Our discussion focuses on the ever-evolving intersection of tech, payments and financial services, with special attention paid to emerging US RTP rails, long-term positioning of payment networks, and continually dueling digital wallets.
Watch the recording
On March 23, 2023, FT Partners Equity Research had the opportunity to host Porter Collins and Vincent Daniel for a very timely and topical discussion around the current financial system.
Porter and Vincent were featured in Michael Lewis’s Book, The Big Short, and subsequently characters in the movie directed by Adam McKay. They had worked on a team at FrontPoint Partners during the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009. Since then, they have been managing Seawolf Capital.
Watch the recording
Co-Director of Research and Managing Director
Craig Maurer joined FT Partners in 2021 as Co-Director of Research and Managing Director following seven years at Autonomous US and Alliance Bernstein L.P., before which he spent eight years at CLSA Americas LLC. Craig started his career at Neuberger Berman as a portfolio analyst before moving to the sell-side in 1999. Craig has over 24 years in the Equity Research industry. Craig’s coverage of Payments, Financial Technology and Specialty Finance began in 2003, prior to which he covered mid-cap banks. In 2006 and 2008, Craig was named to the Wall Street Journal’s “Best on the Street” ranking, and the Financial Times ranking in 2008 and 2013. Craig is a graduate of Syracuse University.
Co-Director of Research and Managing Director
Matt O’Neill joined FT Partners in 2021 as Co-Director of Research and Managing Director from Goldman Sachs & Co. where he was the firm’s US Payments and IT Services analyst. Prior to Goldman, Matt was one of two lead Payments, Financial Technology, and Consumer Finance analysts at Alliance Bernstein L.P. following its acquisition of Autonomous Research, where Matt was a Partner. He began his career in equity research at Citi in 2006, followed by Bear Stearns, focusing on the consumer and restaurant sectors, respectively, before joining CLSA Americas LLC when he began focusing on FinTech companies. Matt is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University.
Head of Equity Research Sales
Rob Riley joined FT Partners in 2023 as Head of Equity Research Sales following nearly two decades of buyside public equity experience. He has been focused on FinTech companies for most of his career, working as both investor and trader for his previous firms including Seawolf Capital, FrontPoint Partners, Citadel, Washington Harbour Capital, and Balyasny Asset Management. Rob is a graduate of Boston College.
Led by Co-Directors of Research Craig Maurer and Matt O’Neill, who bring a combined 35+ years of sell-side research experience from firms including Goldman Sachs & Co., Autonomous Research US, and Alliance Bernstein L.P., FT Partners has initially launched coverage of more than two dozen public FinTech companies across multiple sub-sectors via the publication of our Proprietary Company Profiles.
FT Partners’ Equity Research offering has been reimagined and differs substantially from what has become typical of sell-side research coverage. Most critically and uniquely, FT Partners Equity Research:
- Is available for free, with our large volume of in-depth published research available to qualified institutional investors at no charge and with no obligation to trade / pay commissions
- Eschews the inherent friction introduced by quickly stale / single point-in-time ratings, price targets, and earnings estimates (i.e. no ratings, price targets, or earnings estimates)
- Focuses instead on deep and more meaningful scenario-based analysis and financial modeling, employing multiple valuation methodologies, considering both short and long-term outcomes, and where results may deviate from the consensus view
- Is functionally aesthetic, designed to be quickly digested, while providing all the necessary layering, content and context for institutional investors to arrive at the best-informed investment decisions on a real-time basis
- Includes unrivaled coverage of the private companies and their CEOs throughout the FinTech ecosystem that are aiming to disrupt legacy public incumbents
We will follow this initial launch with proprietary company profiles, in-depth sub-sector reports, deep-dive company-specific reports, notes covering earnings from preview through review, real-time analysis of impactful news or events, weekly publications, and FT Partners’ world-renowned private company and sector research.
In addition, we will offer a wide-range of deeper content and analyst / network access, for Premium Access subscribers, including, but not limited to:
- Direct access to our industry-leading Equity Research analysts
- Access to detailed working financial models
- Invitations to private VIP conferences
- Corporate access to key private and public company CEOs and executives
- Webinars with highly topical speakers
- Strategic bespoke events
- Limited and compliant access to FT Partners’ investment bankers, operating executives, and CEO
FT Partners Equity Research is intended solely for the use of institutional investors. Any person who is not an institutional investor should not act or rely on this information and must click “I Disagree” below. By clicking “I Agree” you are certifying you are an institutional investor, and you understand you are entering the institutional investor section of the website.
I agree I disagree