FT Partners Quarterly Crypto & Capital Markets Tech Insights and Annual Almanac
FT Partners is the only data source for comprehensive, global Crypto & Blockchain and Wealth & Capital Markets Tech deal activity covering M&A, Financing and IPO statistics and trends
FT Partners’ Crypto & Capital Markets Tech Insights Reports are published on a quarterly basis, along with a comprehensive year-end Almanac. All information included in the reports is sourced from FT Partners’ Proprietary Transaction Database, which is compiled by the FT Partners Research Team through primary research and data analysis. The reports feature M&A, financing and IPO statistics and trends as well as breakdowns by vertical, geography, investor-type and much more.
View our Global FinTech Insights and Almanac reports here.
Be sure to check back for quarterly updates and additions. All recent reports can be viewed or downloaded for free below.
Q3 2022 Crypto & Capital Markets Tech Insights
Wealth & Capital Markets Tech
- Wealth & Capital Markets Tech private company financing volume dropped further in Q3 2022 to $1.7 billion, representing the lowest volume since Q4 2020.
- Lower funding volume can be in part attributed to fewer "super-sized" funding rounds of $100 million or more. There were only three rounds of this size in Q3 2022 compared with an average of 10 per quarter in 2021.
- Additionally, the percentage of smaller financing rounds (less than $10 million) increased each quarter this year so far – 44% in Q1 2022 all the way to 66% in Q3 2022.
- Crypto & Blockchain private company funding volume fell 71% in Q3 2022 to $2.1 billion from the all-time high reached in Q1 2022 ($7.4 billion).
- Heavy strategic participation in Crypto & Blockchain financing rounds continued in Q3; a full 62% of all capital raises in the sector YTD have included at least one corporate investor.
- M&A activity in the space continues to fly mostly under the radar, with exceptions for prominent failed entities such as Voyager Digital – acquired by FTX for $51 million in cash – and new SPAC mergers.
Crypto & Blockchain
- Exclusive interview with CEO of Zero Hash
- Q3 2022 and historical Crypto & Blockchain and Wealth & Capital Markets Tech financing and M&A volume and deal count statistics
- Largest financings and M&A transactions in Q3 2022
- Most active investors across both sectors
- Corporate VC activity and strategic investor participation
- Market performance data, IPO and SPAC volumes, and crypto prices and volumes
View Prior Reports