FT Partners Quarterly Crypto & Capital Markets Tech Insights and Annual Almanac
FT Partners is the only data source for comprehensive, global Crypto & Blockchain and Wealth & Capital Markets Tech deal activity covering M&A, Financing and IPO statistics and trends
FT Partners’ Crypto & Capital Markets Tech Insights Reports are published on a quarterly basis, along with a comprehensive year-end Almanac. All information included in the reports is sourced from FT Partners’ Proprietary Transaction Database, which is compiled by the FT Partners Research Team through primary research and data analysis. The reports feature M&A, financing and IPO statistics and trends as well as breakdowns by vertical, geography, investor-type and much more.
View our Global FinTech Insights and Almanac reports here.
Be sure to check back for quarterly updates and additions. All recent reports can be viewed or downloaded for free below.
Q2 2023 Crypto & Capital Markets Tech Insights
Wealth & Capital Markets Tech
- Private company financing volume in the Wealth & Capital Markets Tech sector dropped further in Q2 2023, recording approximately $1.1 billion. This represented a 47% decline from the year-ago quarter ($2.0 billion raised in Q2 2022).
- As with other areas of FinTech, M&A activity picked up throughout the first half of 2023. Deal count in the first half of 2023, driven primarily by activity Q1, is slightly outpacing 2022, with 88 announced in the half compared to 83 in H1 2022.
- The largest deal in the first half of 2023, across all of FinTech not just the Wealth & Capital Markets Tech sector, was Nasdaq’s $10.5 billion acquisition of Adenza, a provider of risk management and regulatory software for financial services, from Thoma Bravo.
- Crypto & Blockchain private company funding volume fell to the lowest level since Q4 2020 reaching $1.5 billion. This represents a drop of 73% from the year-ago quarter.
- The number of financing deals announced in Q2 2023 declined 38% from Q2 2022, but remained above the recent low experienced in Q4 2022.
- Strong strategic participation in Crypto & Blockchain financing rounds continued throughout H1 2023 as 55% of all capital raises in the sector included at least one corporate investor.
Crypto & Blockchain
- Q2 2023 and historical Crypto & Blockchain and Wealth & Capital Markets Tech financing and M&A volume and deal count statistics
- Largest financings and M&A transactions in Q2 2023
- Most active investors across both sectors
- Corporate VC activity and strategic investor participation
- Market performance data, IPO and SPAC volumes, and crypto prices and volumes
View Prior Reports