FT Partners Quarterly InsurTech Insights and Annual Almanac
FT Partners is the only data source for comprehensive, global InsurTech deal activity covering M&A, Financing and IPO statistics and trends
FT Partners’ InsurTech Insights Reports are published on a quarterly basis, along with a comprehensive year-end Almanac. All information included in the reports is sourced from FT Partners’ Proprietary Transaction Database, which is compiled by the FT Partners Research Team through primary research and data analysis. The reports feature M&A, financing and IPO statistics and trends as well as breakdowns by vertical, geography, investor-type and much more.
View our Global FinTech Insights and Almanac reports here.
Be sure to check back for quarterly updates and additions. All recent reports can be viewed or downloaded for free below.
Q2 2023 InsurTech Insights
- Q2 2023 and historical InsurTech financing and M&A volume and deal count statistics
- Largest InsurTech financings and M&A transactions in Q2 2023
- Most active InsurTech investors
- Breakdowns by geography, product type and business model
- Corporate VC activity and strategic investor participation
- Other industry, capital raising and M&A trends in InsurTech
- InsurTech financing activity picked up slightly in Q2 2023, rising above the low levels that plateaued from Q4 2022 through Q1 2023.
- Specifically, Q2 financing volume of $1.2 billion grew 8% quarter-over-quarter ("Q-o-Q") and deal count of 62 financings grew 15% Q-o-Q.
- Still, large funding rounds remained elusive in the InsurTech sector during the first half, and overall, most funding rounds totaled between $10 and $25 million in H1 2023, as investors gravitated toward early-stage and smaller deals.
- While overall VC activity remained depressed, strategic investors continued to make investments in the InsurTech sector throughout H1 2023, with 45% of all capital raises including participation from at least one corporate VC / strategic investor, a level higher than recorded in full-year 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- InsurTech M&A activity in Q2 2023 remained elevated above the lows experienced at the end of 2022; The first half of 2023 recorded 76 deals compared to 56 in the second half of 2022, an increase of 35%.
View Prior Reports